Important - To request clinical support including ordering medication, or if you have an admin query, please use our online platform called Klinik (Contact us Online) on the Home Page
Charity Event – Jamie and JJ Raising funds for Torbay Hospital Breast Care Unit Autism and Us autumn 2023 dates Talkworks Wellbeing Course – starting Saturday 2nd September 2023 New Appointment System from 19th July Patient Newsletter May 2023 Patient Update – March 2023 Patient Newsletter March 2023 Final call for Covid booster vaccines Compass House – Additional branch site at Brixham Hospital Patient Updates October 2022 Patient Newsletter – August 2022 Children under 18 and the NHS COVID Pass Opting out of sharing your data Frequently Asked Questions – (COVID-19) boosters Waiting for treatment – Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust Covid-19 Vaccine Queries
The following policy sets out the Practice approach to the Freedom of Information (FoI) Act.
• The Practice will comply with the FoI Act and sees it as an opportunity to enhance public trust and confidence in the Practice
• The Practice will maintain a comprehensive ‘Publication Scheme’ that provides information which is readily accessible without the need for a formal FoI Act request.
• The Practice will seek to satisfy all FoI Act requests promptly and within 20 working days. However, if necessary we will extend this timescale to give full consideration to a Public Interest test. If we do not expect to meet the deadline, we will inform the requester as soon as possible of the reasons for the delay and when we expect to have made a decision
• The Practice will continue to protect the personal data entrusted to us, by disclosing it only in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
• The Practice will provide advice and assistance to requesters to facilitate their use of FoI Act. We will publish our procedures and assist requesters to clarify their requests so that they can obtain the information that they require.
• The Practice will work with the NHS Devon and other bodies with whom we work to ensure that we can meet our FoI Act obligations, including the disclosure of any information that they hold on our behalf.
• The Practice will apply the exemptions provided in the FoI Act and, where qualified exemptions exist, the Practice will disclose the information unless the balance of public interest lies in withholding it.
• The Practice will consult with third parties before disclosing information that could affect their rights and interests. However, according to the FoI Act, the Practice must take the final decision on disclosure
• The Practice will charge for information requests in line with the FoI Act Fees Regulations or other applicable regulations, including the Data Protection Act 1998
• The Practice will record all FoI Act requests and our responses and will monitor our performance in handling requests and complaints
• The Practice will ensure that all staff are aware of their obligations under FoI Act and will include FoI Act education in the induction of all new staff
Guide to Information provided by GPs under the model publication scheme
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 all public authorities are required to have and operate a publication scheme approved by the Information Commissioner. Doctors providing medical services under most contracts with the NHS in England, Wales and Northern Ireland are public authorities in respect of information relating to those services.
It is the intention of the Information Commissioner that all public authorities should adopt and operate the one model scheme that has been approved. This is a very general scheme based on the principal that all public authorities need to recognize the public interest in the transparency of the services provided for and paid for by the general public. It is a commitment to make information easily available to the public.
Note: The scheme is only for information held as a public authority and does not include any information that is not held, is held for other purposes or would be exempt from release.